The Wibbly Wobbly Log Jog is an enjoyable trail run of approximately five miles, suitable for all abilities, through the unique scenic tracks and paths of High Lodge, Thetford Forest in the heart of Breckland.
By its nature the forest trails used for the events have numerous trip hazards (roots & stones etc) and all runners must take care and be aware for their own safety in this respect.
There is ample free parking from 18:00 at the venue, toilet and refreshment facilities on site, regrettably no changing or specific storage facilities for competitors’ baggage.
Competitors must be 16 or over on the day of the event. Sorry, no dogs allowed in the event and no personal stereos/MP3 players etc permitted to be used while running. Any runners disregarding these points will be liable to be disqualified.
The race start will be clearly marked at the High Lodge Forest Centre and is accessed from the B1107, Brandon to Thetford road.
Wibbly Wobbly Log Jog FAQ
- Competitors must be 16 or over on the day of the event
- No dogs or pushchairs are allowed in the event
- Earphones of any kind are not permitted whilst running
- Runners disregarding these points may be disqualified
- Ensure that you are generally fit to run 5 miles, and that you are properly hydrated, and nourished on the day of the race.
- No refunds can be be given
PRE RACE INFORMATION
- No race numbers will be sent out in the post.
- Please collect your race number along with your timing chip from the information tent on the evening of the race. Please allow ample time for this; your cooperation in helping us to avoid a late rush would be appreciated.
- There are toilets but no changing facilities at the race site.
- Pictures and video footage may be used on the Brandon Fern Hoppers website or that of our sponsors and in advertising material and media write-ups. All competitors entering the run agree to their image being used for these purposes.
- Be aware of “ticks” and “Lyme Disease” when running in the forest. Information can be found at: http://www.lymediseaseaction.org.uk/
- Be prepared for changeable weather conditions.
HOW TO GET TO THE RACE HQ
The event is at High Lodge Forest Centre on the B1107 between Thetford and Brandon.
Please ensure you allow ample time for your journey, the traffic in the area can be very heavy on a Friday evening.
FOR SAT NAV USERS
The nearest postcode is IP27 0AF
The only way into High Lodge is via the signed entry on the B1107 Thetford to Brandon road. Do not attempt to follow any other route.
FROM SWAFFHAM ON THE A1065
Entering Brandon go straight over the railway crossing into the town.
Turn left at the traffic lights then straight on following the B1107 out of Brandon for 1.5 miles.
High Lodge is well signed and is on the right hand side.
FROM THETFORD ON THE B1107
From the A11 Thetford bypass follow signs for Brandon B1107 (northbound; left at second roundabout. Southbound; right at third roundabout)
Follow B1107 for approx 3.5 miles
High Lodge is well signed on the left hand side, shortly before reaching Brandon.
FROM MILDENHALL ON THE A1065
On entering Brandon proceed until you see Tesco on the right and a BP service station by a set of traffic lights. Go straight across towards the Town centre.
At the next set of traffic lights go straight on following the B1107 out of Brandon for 1.5 miles.
High Lodge is well signed on the right hand side.
FROM BURY ST EDMUNDS ON THE B1106
Drive through Elveden and over the new A11. This will take you past Center Parcs on the left. Continue on this road for approximately 5 miles past Brandon Country Park and take the next right (Green Road), continue to the end of the road then turn right again (B1107 signed Thetford). After approximately half a mile High Lodge is well signed on the right hand side.
HIGH LODGE FOREST CENTRE
Bring the whole family!
High Lodge Forest Centre has extensive play areas, walks and cycle trails for all the family so this could be your children’s favourite race too. Why not arrive early and make the most of your visit!
- Parking for this year’s event at High Lodge Forest Centre will be subject to a parking fee.
- The site uses number plate recognition to implement these charges.
- Please make a note of your vehicle registration number and enter this in the payment machine on foot near the visitors centre before returning to your vehicle.
- You will be issued with a discount code in advance which will allow participants to park at High Lodge all day for £3.00
- Please feel free to arrive early and enjoy the facilities.
AT THE EVENT
- Please ensure that you are at the start line in time for the pre event briefing.
- The race will start at 19:00.
- The tail runner will set off shortly after the last runner has crossed the start line. Latecomers will only be permitted to start at the discretion of the Race Director.
DURING THE RACE
- Please wear your race number on the front of your running top, so that the timekeepers can easily see your number.
- Please follow the race marshals’ instructions at all times.
- Remember we are in a forest environment the tracks and trails used for the event are rough and uneven with exposed roots, rocks, divots. Please run with your own safety, and the safety of others, in mind so please expect some rough terrain and be mindful of your footing at all times.
- Water will be available at the start/finish, but there are no water stations on the course.
- If you pick up an injury, or are unable to complete the race for whatever reason, please go back, or continue forward to the next race marshal who will be able to help. Follow their advice as to the best way back to the Forest Centre. Do not try to find your own way back to the start/finish or car park, it is very easy to get lost.
- On crossing the finish line, please continue, in your finishing order, all the way along the finish funnel, where your timing chip will be removed and there will be water waiting for you at the end.
- Official results will be posted on the BFH website (www.bfh.org.uk) after the event.
- Please leave site by 20:30 as the gates will be locked shortly after this time.
For taking the time to read the pre race information, we hope you have a very enjoyable evening with us in Thetford Forest.